MHFA India establishment is exclusively funded by Ram Charan, registered in the United States, functioning from New York, to enable the right environment for shift of knowledge and expertise, that has proved to have a positive changing impact in the life of society and country on the whole. Mental Health First Aid India has obtained the MHFA International license in the year 2017, to carry out the standard MHFA program, across the country. MHFA India is based in Chennai and is focused on mental health training, promotion, campaigns and research. Our team strongly believes that, the MHFA program will help our communities in improving mental health literacy, reduce stigma and motivate early professional help seeking.
By understanding the concepts on Mental Health, the Indian public would help with:
- Bring down the fear and myth behind Mental illness.
- Seek early and reach for appropriate interventions.
- Talk about mental health.
- Break the stigma that exists in our society.
- Break down barriers to the support that people may need to stay well, recover, or manage their symptoms – to thrive in learning, work and life.
- Prevention of suicide (even one life matters) which is dramatically high in our country.
Ms. Erinda Shah